Aids mortality in HAART era
Oct 15, 2006
What are the trends in causes of death between the +ve and -ve in the advent of Haart. Whats in the future?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
In your scenario, the likelihood of an AIDS associated death in someone starting treatment above 350 CD4 cells is very, very low. Deaths from other causes (cancer, heart disease, etc) are now becoming the leading cause of death in HIV infected patients.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Piercing?
- Is Muscle Ache A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Itchy Rash During Window Period
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Diarrhea After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.