LAB report states my hubby AFP-tumor Marker is 107.0, he has hepatitis c, and b, also hiv positive cirrhosis of liver, enlarged liver. Gaining too much weight,not sick, what is normal with my 53yr old husband.All these problems, and not on any meds, and not sickly. 8 yrs . Why is he not on meds, and not loosing but gaining weight ? Is it the enlarged live? Is he in the last stage of his chronic liver disease? Thanks worried wife

It sounds like there is a lot going on. I would also ask why he is not on HIV meds. You don't indicate what his CD4 count or HIV viral load are to guage where he is on the HIV spectrum. The elevated alpha fetal protein (AFP) may indicate the possibility of HCV asscociated liver cancer. That should be worked up with a liver imaging test like an ultrasound or abdominal CT scan.

should i go on med
Aids mortality in HAART era