Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Confused about HIV+ events

I have accepted the fact that I am now HIV+. About 3 weeks ago, I came down with a painful sore throat unable to swallow or drink water. I saw at least 4 doctors each indicated that I should be HIV tested. Three weeks ago, I was tested for HIV it was negative. Finally I went to an ENT who told me he saw ulcers in the back of my throat. He put me on daily doses of 4000 mg Augmentin XR 1000-62.5 Tab GSK generic for Amoz; 1 gm of Valtrex; one of the physicians administered Aciphex. I was taking this along with zoloft for a depression. After further examining my problem I went to the hospital and had an EDG performed; which the results determined I had candida espophogitus. The time span for all of this was 3 weeks. My doctor did a follow up blood test which the results came back confirmatory for the elisa and indeterminate for the western blot. A follow up is being done for viral load and some other checks. Those results are not available as of yet. On my own I have taken another test which came back positive. My question is - I have taken HIV test for the past 7 years almost in 3 months span; is it normal to develop symptoms while sero-converting to HIV+ within 2 weeks? I am beginning to notice night sweats in my chest area. In the past few months I have also developed a problem of using too many enemas. I am just trying to make sense of the symptoms I am experiencing. Background I forgot to add, I am an African American male 45 years old; run about 5 miles and exercise about 3x week and take vitamin supplements regularly.

People can have symptoms like that during HIV seroconversion.

Hep C RNA
aptivus & prezista