Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Confused about HIV+ events

Oct 7, 2006

I have accepted the fact that I am now HIV+. About 3 weeks ago, I came down with a painful sore throat unable to swallow or drink water. I saw at least 4 doctors each indicated that I should be HIV tested. Three weeks ago, I was tested for HIV it was negative. Finally I went to an ENT who told me he saw ulcers in the back of my throat. He put me on daily doses of 4000 mg Augmentin XR 1000-62.5 Tab GSK generic for Amoz; 1 gm of Valtrex; one of the physicians administered Aciphex. I was taking this along with zoloft for a depression. After further examining my problem I went to the hospital and had an EDG performed; which the results determined I had candida espophogitus. The time span for all of this was 3 weeks. My doctor did a follow up blood test which the results came back confirmatory for the elisa and indeterminate for the western blot. A follow up is being done for viral load and some other checks. Those results are not available as of yet. On my own I have taken another test which came back positive. My question is - I have taken HIV test for the past 7 years almost in 3 months span; is it normal to develop symptoms while sero-converting to HIV+ within 2 weeks? I am beginning to notice night sweats in my chest area. In the past few months I have also developed a problem of using too many enemas. I am just trying to make sense of the symptoms I am experiencing. Background I forgot to add, I am an African American male 45 years old; run about 5 miles and exercise about 3x week and take vitamin supplements regularly.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

People can have symptoms like that during HIV seroconversion.

Previous
Hep C RNA
Next
aptivus & prezista

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.