CD4 CD4% CD8 Explain please in simple terms

Sir

Could you explain the link between CD4 and CD4%.

Could I also have your comments on my results - SHOULD I BE DISAPPOINTED IN THE CD4/CD4% - what sort of increase should I be seeing/expecting.

Also what is CD8, this result is never mentioned - do I need to know it and if so what should it be.

Feb - Diagnosed weight loss/KS fever night sweats VL >100,000 CD4 136 17% Second results VL >100,000 CD4 220 18% March - started Sustiva/Truvada

April - VL 1500 CD4 330 25%

May - VL 300 CD4 300 19%

July - VL 200 CD4 240 18%

August - VL <50 CD4 240 17% - KS dramatically disappearing, weight gain, no sweats or fevers.

This might seem odd questions as I feel and look OK, but feel my numbers should be better but maybe not - I am 39 don't smoke, drink rarely, no drugs, 100% adherent

thank you

The CD4 count is the absolute number of cells and the CD4% is the percentage of t lymhocytes that are CD4+. Your CD4 increase, in terms of absolute count is terrific. Your percentage increase is lagging a bit, but I predict will increase now that your viral load is undetectable. CD8 cells, or cytotoxic t cells, are the main cell type that fights the virus. The count and percentage usually goes up with HIV infection. This is an indication that your immune system is trying to do it's job in fighting the infection.

Stocrin (Sustiva) and hiv-2.
Law and Order SVU