hcv rna,qn bdna ?????
Sep 30, 2006
I picked up my results from my doctor. I didn't get an explanation. could u please tell me what my results mean ? 1st read hcv rna, qn bdna 446300 H ref range < 615 IU/ml 2nd read 5.65 h < 2.79 log IU/ml. Help please !
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The first value indicates the absolute copy number and the second value is the log copy number. They mean the same thing, but are expressed in different mathematical terms. That is a relatively low HCV viral load copy number and indicates chronic infection with HCV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will You Contract Hiv By Having Sex With An Hiv Negative Person?
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Is Excessive Sweating An Hiv Symptom?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Through Small Cuts?
- Will There Ever Be A Cure For Hpv Genital Warts Infection?
- What Nerves Does Herpes Affect?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.