For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Yng and Positive

Hello. Hope all is well. I was diagnosed with HIV in March of 2006. My partner was tested also and he is negative, didn't surpirse me because we have always had protected sex. I went to the doctor 3 times so far. Please let me know how I am doing. I believe i got infected in '04' because thats when I had unprotected sex with my ex. My first labs says my cd4 was 550 and VL was 1000. My next lab in 05/06 was cd4 650 and VL was 500, my last lab from 07/06 was cd4 = 780 and my VL was 71. I do not take any meds and diet is poor. I was just wondering if it's likely that I will never need medicine? Thanks

Your numbers are great currently and you certainly don't need meds now. Need to see a few more numbers spread out more over time to see what the trend will look like. Hard to predict the long term future but you are off to a good start so far.

Reyataz's Level concentration
Steroids and CD4 counts