|Hep B DNA viral Load & pregnacy
Aug 26, 2006
Hi, I had lab results of HBV QNP. The Hep B PCR is 36100 IU/ml, and Hep B Copies 87700#/ml. Is that a high number and I am I candidate for treatment? Trying to get pregnant.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That would be considered a low number. Evaluation for treatment requires other blood tests and possibly a liver biopsy to see the extent of damage from HBV if any. This requires coordinated care between a hepatologist and obstetrician.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.