Hep B DNA viral Load & pregnacy
Aug 26, 2006
Hi, I had lab results of HBV QNP. The Hep B PCR is 36100 IU/ml, and Hep B Copies 87700#/ml. Is that a high number and I am I candidate for treatment? Trying to get pregnant.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That would be considered a low number. Evaluation for treatment requires other blood tests and possibly a liver biopsy to see the extent of damage from HBV if any. This requires coordinated care between a hepatologist and obstetrician.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hair Loss An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.