Confused?

Hello Dr. Holodniy. I am confused by my labs. Began treatment on Reyataz, Truvada and Norvir in 4/05. Prior to treatment had cd4 of 70 (7%) and VL of 8500. I went undetectable within 60 days. As of 5/06 the cd4 was at 166 (16.6%) and vl has continued to be undetectable. My next set of labs has me confused. On 8/3 my cd4 dropped to 147 (16.3%). I should also note that WBC dropped from 4.4 x10E to 2.7 and ANC dropped from 3.1 x10E to 1.5. VL again was undectectable. I know the decline in cd 4 absolute number and % are with in assay variability, but should I be concerned with the concurrent drop in WBC and ANC? Thanks for your help.

There is no real drop in CD4 count, as the percentage has remained the same and you are clearly responding to treatment. That is definitely a real drop in WBC and ANC. I would not be too concerned but vigilent. It is unlikely associated with your HIV meds themselves. Are you taking any other meds and or do you have any other active medical conditions? This might account for the sudden drop in counts.

Re: Good CD4 Recovery
Hep B DNA viral Load & pregnacy