Neupogen

A couple months ago I wrote you in regards to my low WBC & T-cells. I've been on Neupogen for 3wks and it seems to be working. My first blood test was done at 2wks and my WBC has gone from 2100 to 3500. My doctor said he expects it to go up to 5000-7000 and he is happy w/the improvement. I'm also feeling better. Before, I always felt "out of if" and extremely tired. I no longer feel out of it and as long as I get at least 6hrs of sleep, I can have a normal day and not feel exhausted.

My doctor said he hadn't done a T-cell count on my last blood test because it was too soon. He said that bringing my T-cells up was not the goal. Since T-cells are a percentage of WBC, wouldn't it be logical that my T-cells would come up?

Although neupogen will increase your total white blood cell count (WBC), the major affect is to increase neutrophils (which make up the major percentage of WBC) and not t cells.

i am patient of hiv1and2 both
Non-compliant partner