Undetectable Viral Load and HIV Testig
Aug 13, 2006
My husband was diagnosed in May of 06. On his last appointment, the doctor informed him of him having a undetectable VL. Is it possible for someone with an undetectable VL to test negative on a HIV test?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
People who are not infected with HIV would test negative on HIV antibody and undetectable on HIV viral load tests. People who are infected can have undetectable HIV viral loads and positive HIV antibody tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When An Insect Bites Someone With Hiv Can It Be Transmitted To Another Person?
- When You Have Hiv Do You Cough And Sneeze And Have A Stuffy Noes?
- How Effective Is Nystatin For Thrush?
- Bananas And Hiv
- What Physical Effects Does Hiv Have On A Person?
- How Long Do Symptoms Of Aids Take To Show Up After Initial Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.