UK Male. Recent HIV/LGV diagnosis. CD4 and viral load..

Hi. First off, thank god for this site - have been able to get a lot of good information here...

I recently tested postive for HIV/LGV (I am sure I contracted in late 2005, due to severe illness 7 months ago). My CD4 is 280 and viral load is at 133,000 (Results from first bloods only - waiting on secondary results). I am currently 14 days into a 21 day course of 100mg Doxycycline twice daily for the LGV.

I have a couple of questions.. 1) Does the LGV increase the amount of HIV my body is producing? 2) Does the Doxycycline affect CD4/Viral load levels? 3) Does the LGV affect my bodies own immune response to HIV? 4) Should my CD4/viral load rebound after I get the all clear for LGV?

I would be VERY grateful if you could answer these questions as the doctor at my HIV clinic has little experience of LGV and is getting back to me (I got the LGV results elsewhere, then went for the HIV test). In the meantime I am worrying myself sick over my CD4 levels and the possibility of having to start HAART so soon after diagnosis. Thank you in advance for your reply and all of your good work on the site. S.

1. We don't have a lot of data with LGV, but other infections do increase blood HIV viral load levels. 2. No. 3. It could affect and activate your immune system, but there is not a lot of published data to confirm. 4. Most likely your CD4 count will increase and your viral load will decrease.

serconversion
abnormal high CD-4 cells