High Liver enzymes still after stopping meds

Hello:

Thank you for the great site. I was hoping you might give me some insight on a problem I've been having.

About 9 months ago I had to stop my meds (taking without incident) after two years because of high liver enzymes AST=119/ALT=291. Mos t other enzymes where slightly elevated but in the normal range. I also had some abdominal fullness and a ultrasound found nothing but an enlarged liver, with the diagnosis of fatty liver. Well, It's been over 9 months since I've been on any meds, No Hep A/B/C and I've had 5 consecutive liver tests and the enzymes are still elevated AST=59 and ALT=119. My platelets have also dropped to 80. I haven't been drinking (before was only a social drinker) and not taking any recreational or other drugs or pain killers. My Dr. can't explain it, and to make things worse I can feel my liver in my abdomen and back area like it is "full" or something still. So now I need to go in for a liver biopsy.

My question would be, can you give me any explanations to what is happening or insight as I am getting very worried and I'll have to start meds again sooner or later.

Thanks again.

You don't indicate what HIV meds you were taking, but at this point, a liver biopsy is probably indicated if hepatitis viruses, alcohol, and other meds have been ruled out as a source.

VL and CD4 count
dropping cd4%