Decreasing Viral Load

Hi I was diagnosed with H.I.V. about 3 years ago. I have not taken any medication for treatment of the virus but my viral load seems to be decreasing. In oct of 2004 My viral load was about 22,000, in January of 2006 my Viral load was about 12,000, now in July of 2006 my viral load is 5,000. Is this normal being that I have not taken any meds. I read some articles about false positives and viral loads being detected in negative people which cause me to wonder could that be the case. What are your thoughts?

You don't indicate what your CD4 count/percentage is, but I assume it is > 350-400. The viral load test has an inherent assay variability of around 3-fold (3 times lower or higher than a given value). So I don't consider those consistently positive values as truly going down over time. In fact the next few times it might actually be back up again.

Undetectable viral load and dropping cd4 cell counts
Recently diagnosed with CMV