|What happens when CD4 hits 0
Jul 29, 2006
My CD4 count has been hanging around the 50-65 mark for the last couple of years, I have hit a CD4 count of 8. What happens when you hit 0?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You still have CD4 cells in your body and circulating around even though the result says zero. That just means there are too few to count in the blood test. However, it also means that a person is at significant risk of developing opportunistic infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens If You Have No More Cd4 Cells?
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Lap Dancing?
- Odds Of Getting AIDS French Kissing
- Swallowing Sperm How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Tattoo How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Could Sinus Infection Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.