CD4 Drop

I have been HIV+ since Oct of 2001. When I was diagnosed I had a CD 4 count of 224 and Viral load of 870000. I have been on Combivir and Sustive from day 1 and was taken off when I lost my job and health insurance. I went for 3 months with no meds and tested My numbers were CD 435 CD4 25%viral load 17760 then was placed on Truvada, Norvir, and Reyataz. I was at that time a CD4 count of 348 CD 31% viral load 321. I was taken off of those meds due to side effect and placed on Truvada and Sustiva tested CD 4 604 CD % 31 viral load undetectable. I was then tested 2 weeks later and CD 4 490, CD 4 % 26 and undetectable.

Should I be concerned?

No, I would not be concerned. Given the amount of drug stopping and switching, you need a few more months on a stable regimen to see where your CD4 count will stabilize at.

Is this CD4 count normal?
What happens when CD4 hits 0