support groups

Hello, Dr. Holodniy. This may seem like a rather interesting question. I just turned 23, and was diagnosed at 21.

Overall healthwise, everything has been going good. So, I've tried the whole support group thing, and I usually end up running for cover after 1 meeting. There was one group that I had been sticking with for about 9 mos, but recently, then energy of the group started to change, and I dropped out again! Am I just not a support group person, or have I just moved on?

Support in general is incredibly important with HIV infection. Ongoing participation in support groups depends on what issues you may have and your willingness to participate in the process. It is certainly possible that the "issue" that drew you to the group has been "resolved", but that conclusion is best assessed by the facilitator or other trained professionals and not the individual.

Latest on CD4 & WBC Count
CD4 count