do hep a & b vaccines affect viral load count?
Jul 22, 2006
My hep c viral load count went from 1.2 million in January to over 9 million in July. Is that 'normal'? I had a hep a and hep b vacination about an hour befor they drew my blood for the test in July - could that be a reason?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is possible. We don't know as much about increases in HCV viral load as we do with HIV. It is well documented that HIV viral load increases after vaccination because of the stimulation of the immune system as a result of the vaccine. This leads to increased cell activation and resultant increase in viral replication.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.