CD4 count 57

Hi I was diagnosed this past Monday 7/17 to be hiv+ and today I found out that my cd4 count is 57. I know that's very low. The funny thing is, I really feel pretty good ass I"ve been an athlete my whole life(martial arts and weight training.) I'm now 43. I don't know what my viral load is but I'm very scared. Is it too late to gett back to normal immune levels? Please, any input is appreciated

It's never too late to get diagnosed and get on appropriate treatment. In your case, HIV treatment is indicated now, regardless of viral load level. Treatment will be effective for you, although you may not get your CD4 count increased to normal levels, it will increase sufficiently to get you out of harms way. You are currently at significant risk of developing other kinds of infections because your immune system is so suppressed. Once your CD4 count gets to over 200 the risk goes down signficantly.

HIV to AIDS
CD4% and PJP Prophylaxis