Some HIV 1-2 EIA is not detected subtypes(O and M types)
Apr 2, 2001
Dear Dr. Mark. I m medical student.Some HIV 1-2 EIA is not detected subtypes(HIV-1 O and M type and HIV-2). Is it true??
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are many tests on the market. Some tests will detect HIV-1 and HIV-2 and will also detect HIV-1 subtype O all in the same test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Effective Are Swabs When Testing For An Std?
- How To Get Rid Of Vaginal Discharge?
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- Will Clindamycin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.