|Some HIV 1-2 EIA is not detected subtypes(O and M types)
Apr 2, 2001
Dear Dr. Mark. I m medical student.Some HIV 1-2 EIA is not detected subtypes(HIV-1 O and M type and HIV-2). Is it true??
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are many tests on the market. Some tests will detect HIV-1 and HIV-2 and will also detect HIV-1 subtype O all in the same test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hiv Subtype A/e Be Detected By Hiv Rapid Tests?
- Do Modern Hiv Rapid Tests Detect All Sub Types?
- Will Rapid Hiv Tests Detect All Sub Types?
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.