Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

cd4 and viral load

I just got my cd4 and viral load back and I am confused. 3 months ago my cd4 was 460 and my viral load was 1000. but now my cd4 is 564 and my viral load is up to 4900 ...what does this mean? I take my meds every night and day as I am supposed to and I thought I was doing well, but those numbers don't sound good to me. Should I be concerned ? At the begining of my treatment, 2 years ago, I had a cd4 of 17 and viral load was 750,000. I was at one time undetectable while on Kaletra and Combivir, but those meds had nasty side affects (very loose stools) I now take truvada and sustiva. My doctor did not seem concerned about these numbers, because my cd4 keeps going up. I guess I am just worried if I will ever get back to undectable status. And as far as drug resistance, I took that test back in february of 2006 and I had no resistance to anything at that time. Can i become resistant even if I am taking my meds as I am supposed to ? Thank you for your time, this is really helpful

If you were undetectable at one point on a different regimen and you now have a viral load that is consistently positive at those levels, that could indicate development of resistance to these meds (even though you take your meds every night). You probably need another resistance test and based on the results, may need to change your medicines again. I would not be satisfied with a detectable viral load on this regimen.

doubts on my labs
Do I have AIDS diagnosis after drop in CD4 due to HCV therapy?