HIGH VIRAL LOAD

October 17 2005 I asked a question to you regarding my high viral load of 7.5 million. This was before i received the 2nd blood test from the hospital that was 9 million . After 1 month it was still at 1 million and this was after i started meds. I was never in the hospital before and was never ill except for a common cold. When you originally answered you advised that it was very high. I am very aware that it is very high and I have what I feel good doctors but I even noticed they have made faces when they look at results and tell me how unusuall they are but assure me things will be olay. I am not looking for an okay but honesty from them. I am at 5000 vl after 8 months and t cells went from a low of 500 to 800. I was in the VAX GEN study a few years ago and was wondering if anyone has heard of others in the Vax Gen trial 3 study for a vaccine if this has happened to them with high VL numbers. I was a low risk for HIV infection and the only way I can figure I became infected was thru cuts on my hands since I was not active other than that for 2 months before. The initial infection was such a blow to me physically I cannot even tell you. My oxygen level in the hospital was around 90 . I feel okay now but after what happened I am so unsure of everything and the frustration with not being able to get info with someone with my numbers is so crazy. I was not found to have any infections . I have not even thought about sex and I have been so careful even with physical contact with people since I really am so unsure of what happened to me . Im 36 and I am very well educated as to the common beleifs on how HIV is transmitted . I did not fall under any common transmition pattern. I am nervous I might some how infect someone else if my viral load shoots up again with normal contact.

I am not familiar with any reports of Vaxgen subjects becoming infected and reporting such high viral loads.

cd4 and viral load
Is it safe to stop meds?