Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hep C and viral count
Jul 3, 2006

DOES HAVING AN EXTREMELY HIGH VIRAL COUNT AT 27 MILLION, HAVE ANYTHING TO WITH CAUSES LIVER DAMAGE, CAUSEING FIBROSIS AND EVEN CIRRHOSIS TO SET IN? WE SEE THE DR THIS AFTERNOON, AND HE SEEMS TO BE BOKING ABOUT GETTING BACK ON TREATMENT, THIS WILL BE THE RESTART OF THE THIRD ROUND, MY HUSBAND DOES CLEAR, REACH THE UNDETECTED MARK, NO CURE AS OF YET, SO, WITH THAT IN MIND, HE STAYS CLEAR OF THE FIBROSIS, HAD FIBROSIS BEFORE, RESTARTED TX, AND CLEARED WITH-IN A MONTH, SO WE KNOW IT WOREKS FOR HIM, I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IFORMATION YOU CAN GIVE ME ABOUT THE VIRAL COUNT DAMAGING THE LIVER, DOES IT INDEED CAUSE DAMAGE??

Response from Dr. Holodniy

The level of serum HCV viral load has not been well correlated with either treatment response or degree of liver fibrosis.

Previous
recently diagnosed - low cd4
Next
don't understand these terms :(

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.