|Viral Load Blip?
Jul 3, 2006
I have been undetectable for 7 years (went on meds -- Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC -- right after initial diagnosis 7 years ago, and have been undetectable since). I have 100% adherence, except I missed one night of pills 3 months ago. Otherwise, 100% for seven years. I just got my viral load back today and it's at 281, the first time that's ever happened. I will go back after the holiday for another viral load test, but I am concerned. Is this possibly a blip? Could the one time I missed taking the pills have caused resistance?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Sounds like a blip to me. Unlikely one missed dose would have caused resistance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Urine After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.