Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My First "Blip"
Jul 3, 2006

Dr. Holodniy Your houghts on this blip would be appreciated

Started Sustiva & truvada 8/6/05 VL 70,000 CD4 298

9/20/05 VL 529 CD4 320 12?20/05 VL < 400 CD4 332...time to do more sensitive VL test 3/20/06 VL -0- CD4 361 6/20/06 VL 616 CD4 456

Have been 100% adherent, taking them between 11:15 and 11:30 PM, sometimes stretch to 11:45. Try and have finished eating 2 hours before, number of times went maybe hour to an hour and a half after eating but still took meds between 11:15 and 11:30. Zero side effects, don't drink much at all 3 or 4 drinks a month Have not completely quit smoking still 6 or 7 a day, that will change as of now. Still work out, though not as much as I wold like, but excellent workout when at gym, plus cardio past-times (biking and lap swimming).

Friend told me not to worry, even that current thinking is coming around that blips may be a good sign.

My Dr. wants me to come back in 6 weeks for a check on the viral load.

Any Thoughts on blip ?

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Looks like a blip to me and agree with the followup after 6 weeks.

Previous
DO I HAVE TO WORRY?
Next
confused

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.