high viral load normal t cell count

Hi, I just found out that I am hiv+ back in April, 2006. I had my first set of lab results to come in. I believe that I have been infected a little over a year. My viral count was 243,000. My t cell count was 678. I am not sure about these reults. Do you have any advice regarding these reults? I am concerned about the viral load results. I believe my t cell count is in the normal/good range.

You are correct. The viral load is quite high and your CD4 count is in the normal range. There is no urgency to consider treatment yet. I would recommend getting another couple of points on the line to see where your numbers are going. In most people with viral loads that are sustained a such a high level, a normal CD4 count is not sustainable, and you will begin to see the CD4 count and percentage begin to decline over time. It is probably at that point you would probably want to consider starting treatment to preserve immune function.

What labs should I do at this point?
What are the symptoms of a low CD4 count?