LOW CD4 COUNTS
Jun 24, 2006
I have seen a case wherein the CD4+ counts are very low( 30 cells),inspite of the patient showing no progression clinically,with no signs of any opportunistic infections evident.What could be the possible cause?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
People in that situation usually have very, very high CD8 cell counts. Whether this provides greater protection against OIs or not isn't clear. This subset of patients has not been studied that carefully.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Needle Stick?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Risks
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.