Jun 24, 2006
When the body has begun with th antibodies to fight HIV does that mean that you will not get sick as much in general or are they antibodies specifically to fight HIV? I have not been sick in over 5 years.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Antibodies are formed by the body (B cells) against HIV when people become infected. Although they provide some level of controlling infection, CD8 cells are the more important portion of the immune response.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Thrush After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Are Chronic Yeast Infection And Swollen Glands Sign Of Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv At The Dentist?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.