Good Labs but Lipodystrophy

I am a 45 year old male who has been HIV+ for approximately 2.5 years. My last labs showed an undetectable VL, a CD4 count of 570, and a CD4% of 44. (The CD4 count is lower than it's been; previously it was around 725.) I am not on any antiretroviral medication. My general health is good, and I have not had any infections.

Despite my good numbers, I am experiencing lipodystrophy. My face has lost a great deal of fat, my arms and legs are becoming extremely vascular, and I have lost so much fat in my buttocks that sitting for any extended period of time causes discomfort. At the same time, I seem to be gaining weight in my abdomen, as my pants are all tight and my stomach a bit distended. These changes seem to have begun about a year ago, but have significantly accelerated over the last couple of months.

As I recall, all of the results on my last labs were normal, and my doctor checked me for things like thyroid function. Is there something we could be missing? Should other tests be done beyond the usual quarterly tests? In other words, are there other conditions or diseases that can cause lipodystrophy (and for which I should be tested), or is this just another symptom of HIV?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Assuming your lipid panel is normal (triglycerides and cholesterol, etc) you should also be checked for signs of diabetes (glucose intolerance) or insulin resistance. This can occur in HIV infected people who are not taking HIV meds and have lipodystrophy. A dietary consult might help. Depending on the results of these blood tests, things like metformin, growth hormone or testosterone could be prescribed.

Syphilis,HIV &HEP. C
Understanding Percentage