CD4 percentage & CD4/CD8 ratio
Jun 11, 2006
There seems a lot of information about the average annual decline in CD4 cells (50-75 or 3% per year)and thus one might be able to estimate how long it will take for one's own absolute CD4 count to fall below 500 (or the critical 350 mark), BUT
How long after infection does it typically take for the CD4 percentage to drop below 30%?, and
How long does it typically take for the CD4/CD8 ratio to fall below 1?
I know each case will vary, but very grateful if you could answer these two questions.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I don't have an answer for those numbers.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Is The Chlamydia And Gonorrhea Test Called?
- What Is Mucosal Herpes Infections?
- Treatment Of Chlamydia How Long Before Symptoms Gone
- Symptoms Of Gonorrhea In Your Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.