Second Labs After Starting Meds

Dr. Holodniy, I started meds 8 weeks ago, was on sustiva and epzicom for 17 days before stopping because of pain. At the 4 week mark (17 days on 10 days off) my VL had decreased from 66,000 to 606 and my CD4s had increased from 540 to 640 with a percentage increasing from 12% to 22%. I went back on Sustiva, Epivir, and Videx EC and was on them for 21 days before my week 8 labs. Week 8 labs showed a slight decrease in VL from 606 to 414. CD4s also decreased from 640 to 576 and the percentage from 22% to 18%. Do I have anything to worry about at this point? I was hoping the VL would be undetectable by now and that the CD4s would at least be stable and not dropping. I've always heard that the % is the most stable but my % has been 16%, 14%, 12%, started meds, 22%, 18%. Any insights or concerns. I don't see my doctor for 5 more weeks and won't have more VL or CD4 tests for 7 more weeks.

Because of the break in treatment and the restart, it is hard to get an assessment of the full effect of 8 weeks of continuous treatment. I am not concerned at this point. Things should be more clear at the 12 week time point. If the viral load has not become undetectable, you may need to make a medication adjustment (i.e. add another med for intensification or check a resistance test).

Dropping CD4 with Undetectible VL
CD drop, but % stable