Is this t-cell count okay?
Jun 10, 2006
I was just diagnosed HIV + on 2/21/06. My doctor called me with my t-cell results which were 912 and my percentage was 57%. The other tests have not come in yet. Is this a good result? What would a normal person, without HIV results be? I am a little freaked out because the range is so varied.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
If that is your CD4 count and percent then it is excellent. Make sure that is not the total t cell count which could include CD4 and CD8 cells. A normal CD4 count ranges from about 500-1500.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Do Steroids Cause Vaginal Infections?
- 14 Months After Possible Exposure Results Non Reactive
- Can Lupus Cause A False Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.