|Confused on Results
Jun 10, 2006
My Elisa came back positive, and my cd4 was 21. The doctor informed me I was positive and had likely been so for a long time, 3-5 years. My Viral load is not back yet. However my Western Blot just came back and was indeterminate. I am of the impression that only happens when infection is fresh. Can you give me insight? The 3-5 years fits with the only possible exposure I know of.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Is that CD4 count the absolute count or the CD4%? What bands were positive on the western blot? It is recommended that the ElISA and western blot be repeated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge Sign Of Seroconversion
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.