Jun 10, 2006
Why do CD4 counts rise after the initial decline?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not sure in what context you are asking this question. This phenomenon can occur after acute infection or when people start HIV treatment. It relates to the reduction in viral replication and therefore the possibility of more cells becoming infected and dying is reduced so the number of cells goes up.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Viral Neuropathy
- Could It Take Longer Than Six Months For An Hiv Test To Show Postive
- Had Unprotected Sex Pain Urinating Worried About Hiv
- What Does The Hepatitis Test Mean?
- When Should You Take An Hiv Test After Having Unprotected Sex?
- Can An Adult Get Infected By Drinking Hiv Breast Milk Once?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.