|High CD4/High Viral Load
May 28, 2006
My CD4 count is 544 and my viral load is 303000. What kind of treatment is reccommended in this case?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Nothing acutely. You can afford to wait and get a couple more points on the line to see the trend in your numbers. However, if your viral load remains that high, despite a very good CD4 count, many experts would recommend starting treatment sooner rather than later.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Genital Warts?
- Blood Got Into Nose HIV Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.