Ethnicity and HIV

Is it known whether a person's ethnicity plays a part in the rate of HIV progression? I just read a post where a guy states that his doctor in LA informed him that he was probably a slow progressor given his great lab results over time and his caucasian ethnicity.

I have not read any literature that supports the correlation between ethnicity and HIV progression.

I am not caucasian, but have had very good lab results for nearly a year withour meds.

Thanks for the clarification.

No need to post publicly.

There is no data to suggest this, other than caucasians have a higher likelihood of having mutations in cell co-receptors that allow HIV to gain entry into cells. If a person has two copies of this mutation, then it is unlikely they will get infected. If they have one mutant copy and one normal copy than they can get infected, but cells are infected at a lower rate. This is not in all whites but the percent with this mutation is higher in whites than blacks or other races.

confused and worried
cd4 and viral load