Mixed Results /Negative DNA but viral load

Is it possible to have a viral load but negative DNA test (all sub-types)? My DNA tests keep coming back negative so my doctor decided (most common cub-types) to do further testing for other sub types (rare in the USA like O). The results came back undetected once again. So I have a viral load of an known HIV-1 sub type? My doctor says that Im doing so well that I dont need any medication. My viral load is decreasing so fast, I went for over 100,000 copies to under 13000 copies in less than 2 months. My CD+ count hasnt changed much since I found out I was positive. It was 691 when I get tested the first time and now 651 4 months later. Recently, the doctor fond out I have a very bad case of H. Pylori which explains the hot flashes and stomach pain. So is it possible? My doctor said for 14 years of experience, I never came across anything like your case. We are unable t determine your HIV-1 sub-type even after doing every known test for that. We will contact the CDC and see if they want to take this case any further. What is your opinion on this?

You don't indicate how your virus is actually being tested for a subtype. An HIV DNA test would not necessarily test for subtype and usually measures cellular viral load. And why was a DNA test even performed if your HIV-1 western blot and plasma viral load was positive?

when did i get infected?
night sweats and T count