Hep C Undetectable yet Elevated Liver Enzymes
May 14, 2006
Hi, I have eleven weeks of riboviran/interferon treatment left. I have been undetectable since month 1, but my labs continue to come back with elevated levels. What does this mean ?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what the actual values are now and what they were at baseline prior to starting treatment. Blood serum enzyme levels could remain elevated during treatment despite undetectable viral loads.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Would Know If You Have Herpes After Coming In Contact?
- What Pathogen Causes Genital Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Syphilis And Herpes?
- What Does Chlamydia Discharge In Women Look Like?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
- Syphilis How Does It Affect Reproductive System
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.