VL Load Spike

I was diagnosed HIV+ in Oct of 06. I have not started meds but today I received a note that my VL spiked from 11,900 to 94,200. My t-cell is 411.I've made an appointment to go back in to see my doc next week. I recently had a staph infection that took several weeks to clear up and it caused a boil on my knee that I had to have drained. Could this be a factor in the spike?

Certain ongoing infections can increase viral load transiently until those other infections resolve. Depending on where in the course of the other infection the viral load was obtained, the infection could affect the number.

CT & viral load count
Hep C Undetectable yet Elevated Liver Enzymes