CT & viral load count
May 14, 2006
I wanted to ask you ,my brother has HIV was told in Sept...sometimes I don't know if he is telling me everything. is this good his T-cell count is 400 T-cell% 43 and his Viral load is 73,000. he is not on meds his doc wants the Viral load down to 50,000. I'm still trying to learn everything I can on Hiv. thank you LdL
Response from Dr. Holodniy
His CD4 count and percentage are in very good shape. His viral load is moderately high. Most HIV experts would not start treatment at this point given those numbers and would just follow them to see if any trend of CD4 decline emerged.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- A List Of All The Names Of Medicines For Std
- Can Condoms Cause Allergies?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.