HEP C TEST RESULTS
May 13, 2006
I have hep c genotype 1a. I've had hcv for 20+ years. My last test was HEP C RNA, QN. My result is 1980000 ref <50 IU/ml and 6.30 ref <1.70 What does this mean and should I get treatment? I am really confused about treatment. Not sure if I can handle the side affects.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The 6.3 refers to the log10 copy number and is a mathematical transformation of the 1.98 million copy number. Thus, they represent the same thing. Treatment of HCV infection is not based solely on the viral load level. Other factors such as extent of liver damage (assessed by liver biopsy) would go into a decision to treat. You should discuss this with your doctor or hepatologist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.