Why no treatment in Acute HIV infection?

In oneof your responses you mentioned to me that your preferance is for no treament in acute HIV infection unless there is a fast disease progress. What I don't understand is why some doctors are in favour of early treatment and why some are not.

I am sure it has a lot to do with the toxicity of the medicines that are available, or maybe the faith in human body's strenght and ability to stabilize the disease. Can you please clarify your stand point as for WHY you are not in favor of early treatment?

Thanks,

It depends on whether you believe in religious faith or data. Many HIV practitioners want to believe that early treatment alters/improves immune status and clinical outcome. There is controversial data that indicates the former and I am not aware of any data that demonstrates the latter.

CD4 Count and Crack
viral load set point