HBV taking Lamvivudine during last trisemester of pregancy ..is it safe or cause new born defects

Dear doctor..I'd like to take Lam during my trimester of pregnancy to lower the risk of infecting HBV virus to my newborn , I have really high HBV DNA with E antigen is negative and normal ALT/AST. But I have read some articles said that It's safe to use LAM to treat HBV during last trisemster of pregnancy. And other articles said "Lamivudine is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known if it will be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are pregnant. It is very important to treat HIV/ AIDS during pregnancy to reduce the risk of infecting the baby. Tell your doctor if you become pregnant during treatment.:" Or Cause defects in newborn

Will my newborn infected with HBV at birth because of level of high number of HBV ? If I would reduce the number of HBV in my system. Will it helps my baby? Why newborn get infected at birth time but not during pregnancy. Please answer me as soon as possible. My next visit with my doctor will be in 2 more weeks and I'd to talk to her about taking LAM.. She had told me 3 months ago that" There's no doctor in US would treat you with LAM or any other medications during pregnancy" But I really want to lower the virus load to lower the risk of transmit the virus to my newborn. I'm very worry about. You had answered me earlier that my baby will have about 97-98% no infected if vaccines and HBIG are given 24 hours afer birth? But I have a feeling that My newborn will be infected since the number of virus are really high when I was checked 5 months ago with ALT/AST at 150..but now my ALT/AST are normal but doctor didnt' check for the HBV DNA count. Do you think the HBV DNA coutn in my system is lower as well?

So my questions are? 1/Will my newborn infected with HBV at birth because of level of high number of HBV ? If I would reduce the number of HBV in my system. Will it helps 2.Why newborn get infected at birth time but not during pregnancy. 3.Do you think the HBV DNA coutn in my system is lower as well since my ALT/AST were down form 150 to normal? 4. Will LAM causes birth defects if I'm taking during my last trisemester? Thanks

This is a discussion best had with your obstetrician.

How to improve my CD4 count
CD4 Count and Viral Load after starting meds