Valproic Acid to eradicate latent HIV
Apr 30, 2006
I am sure you have heard about the use of epilepsy medicine Valproic Acid (the study of Dr. Margolis) and the promising results (up to 75 percent reduction of latent (sleeping) HIV levels in three of the four participants).
Scientifically and rationally it is too soon to say anything about the effectiveness of this medicine and there are new trial initiatives already begun. But what is your personal (not professional) opinion about the use of Valproic Acid or eradication of Latent HIV in the tissues?
What I understand is that these latent HIV virusses are the very reason why the HIV cannot be washed away (why there is no cure). Am I right?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Way too soon to venture an opinion on this topic.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.