First Viral Load Labs

Hi Dr. thanks for answering my question. I tested HIV+ April 06. I think I was infected around Aug. 05. My first labs show a viral load of 10,942 and a CD4 count of 282 and a CD4% of 25. Is the Viral Load # considered high, moderate or low and if you take all 3 of my values above should I go on meds if I feel ok other than a scratchy throat or should I have a few more points on the board first? Also, at the time of my labs I had a sinus infection and clamydia and was on antibiotics would that make my CD4 number unusually low at that time? Thanks so much.

YOur viral load would be considered in the moderate range. I think you need a few more points on the board to know where you are and what the trend is. Yes, another infection could be affecting your CD4 count, all the more to get another set of numbers to see where you are. I would not make a decision yet about treatment until I had more data.

viral load
hepatis c