diffrence between HIV1 & HIV2
Apr 14, 2006
I want to understand the difference between HIv1 and HIV2 as my friend has been tested positive for HIV1. does this mean the complications are less?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although in the same family, these viruses are genetically distinct. In addition, people with HIV-2 infection progress much slower than patients with HIV-1. If required most HIV-1 drugs will work against HIV-2 infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dizziness A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Hands Sole Of Foot Mouth
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.