No HIV in boold culture

Thanks for being here. I may have contracted no more than 8 years ago. Three years ago I was told I was HIV+. I had both ELI and WB test and was confirmed. My 1st visit to the Dr. my VL was 540 and cd4 1040. Since that time my VL has been less than 40 and CD4 a t least 900. Recently I took a blood culture and it came back with "no HIV isolated".The Dr. is a bit confused. What do you make of this and the possibities tha tcould be going on. The Dr seem to think this is abnormal. Thanks again

The devil is in the details as to what the HIV culture actually represents and how the procedure was performed. In those people with HIV infection who have high CD4 counts and undetectable viral load in the blood plasma, some kinds of blood culture techniques will be negative and others will be positive. The latter require very sophisticated testing to get infectious virus out of the blood cells. This is usually not something that is done in a commercial laboratory.

CD4 Ceiling?
Changed to Truvada 3 months Now T-cells dropped.