Mar 25, 2006
explain 1(a)type and treatment viralload 8mil
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are several subtypes of HCV. There are usually expressed as numbers and letters and this is based on the RNA sequence of the virus. Subtype 1 or 1a is one of the most common types in the US. Treatment is usually with an injectable form of interferon given once a week and ribavirin pills given twice daily for several months. Genotype 1 responds less favorably (about 40% having a sustained viral response) to treatment compared to say genotype 2 or 3 (60-80% having a response).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Amoxicillin Treat Chlamydia?
- Irritation On Penis Tip After Sex Syphilis Sti
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.