is malluscum contagious
Mar 25, 2006
Is malluscum contagiosum contagious, how does it spread, what are the effects and cures.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Can be. It is caused by a viral infection, which could be spread by direct contact. It is usually manifested in more advanced HIV infection because of immune system dysfunction. Treatment is usually by burning, freezing or applying antiviral medications to the lesions.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Percentage Of American Heterosexual Hiv Infection
- Burning Skin And Hiv
- Can You Have Hiv And Aids At The Same Time?
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Getting Hiv Body Fluid On A Scratch
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.