.5 log reduction
Mar 18, 2006
I am trying to understand what a .5 log reduction. if 1 log means 10 copies what would .5 log mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Here is a brief math lesson. Viral load can be expressed as absolute copy number or as log10 expression of absolute copy number. So, if you have 100,000 copies that is 5 log, 10,000 copies is 4 log, 1,000 is 3 log, 100 copies is 2 log and 10 copies is 1 log. Now, if you went from 100,000 to 10,000 copies that would be a 1 log reduction (5 - 4 log). If you went from 100,000 to 32,000 that would be a 0.5 log reduction (5 - 4.5 log) and so on.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Severe Vaginal Bleeding After Lifting
- Can An Hiv-positive Person Attend Nursing School?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.