Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

CD4

my partner was diagnosed with pcp 2 years ago and cd4 was 7. his highest cd4 count so far has been 234 and is now 191. viral load undetectable since on meds. cd4%22. my question is: is it possible for his tcells to rise or do you think the damage to his immune system will prevent that. can his tcells exceed 300 ever? he is on kaletra and combivir. should he switch to truvada? thank you

The lower the count when you start treatment, the longer it will take to increase. 300 is possible given the percentage of 22%. I don't think switching meds will help.

What is low and high VL.
numbers concern